Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Working in Class on Project Two

For this second project we were challenged to do our work in class. So rather than a week to come up with two concepts, we had about two hours. That is a pretty substantial difference in time. But, I hate to say that Taze is right when he says that students produce the same amount of work in the shorter time frame when the proper amount of motivation is applied. I enjoyed this process not because I like the pressure but because it was nice to have all of our work complete by lunch and not have to worry about it for a while. I am assuming that this will be very similar to the process used by our future employers, if there are any jobs available. So I guess this whole produce by forced pressure will be good for us in the long run.

Option One

Option Two
These were the first two drawings that were due at the end of the two hour class. I chose two extremely different approaches for the site. The first used the hill as the location for all of the housing and class rooms. I did this so that the flatter land could be used for farming. The second option placed the housing closer to the creek in the flatter area.

No comments:

Post a Comment