Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Shade Models for Project One

September

March
June

December


Early on in the design process, I made a Sketch Up model of the site and my proposed buildings. I did this so that I could look at the sunny areas and the shaded areas at various seasons and times of day. I wanted to make sure that during a typically hot time, there would be some needed shade available or during a cool month, there would be warming sunshine. The dates that I observed were March 31st, June 21st, September 30th and December 21st   
These dates should give a good general idea of what the spaces will be like during all times of the year. The times of day that I look at, were noon and at 6 p.m.  

These are examples of one of the houses on the site at different times of the year at six in the evening.







No comments:

Post a Comment