Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Concept for Project One

Since beginning grad school, forming a concept for our design projects has been one of my biggest challenges. I have little problem coming up with ideas for how I feel that the project should turn out. The problem is forming one central idea that ties the whole thing together and gives the project life and meaning.


 
So for this project, my concept was “to borrow from existing examples around Starkville to convert a vacant, unused lot into a small vibrant community by focusing on using new urbanism principals.” Now that the project is over and I have talked to Taze about it, I see that my concept morphed its self in to more of Goals and Objectives. I believe the concept should read more of a descriptive philosophy that inspires vivid images to the reader. At least that is what I will shoot for the next time I have to come up with a concept statement for a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment